Dave McCarthy is a Research Director within IDC’s worldwide infrastructure practice focusing on edge strategies. In this role, he provides both qualitative and quantitative analysis of distributed computing paradigms that extend beyond centralized datacenter and cloud infrastructure. Benefitting both technology suppliers and IT decision makers, Dave’s insights delve into how edge computing compliments IoT, AI, and other next-generation technology to accelerate digital transformation initiatives.
His research is available via syndicated research programs (subscription services), data products (IDC Trackers) and custom engagements.
Previously, Dave served as Vice President, IoT Solutions at Bsquare Corporation, an edge-to-cloud technology provider where he focused on product strategy, market positioning, and solutions architecture. Dave has also had an extensive career leading global enterprise IT for several high-tech companies.
• M.B.A. in Innovation Entrepreneurship and High Technology Management from Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
• B.S. in Management Information Systems from Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey
• Founding member of the Washington IoT Council
• Speaker, presenter and panel moderator at industry conferences
• Contributor to Network World and other technology publications